Sunday, March 21, 2010

The cakes are back!


Well... it has been some time since I have posted. The lack of cake baking has been due to our move. All of last summer and fall we got our house ready to try and sell. We also put an offer in on a house. It took 6 months for the deal to go through and for us to move! Now we are getting settled into the new place, and I am finally back to making cakes. I have had several fun events to bake for, and I am really excited to post the results.

The first cake was for our good friend Jace's 4th birthday. He loves Monster Trucks (which is probably why my husband has such a fun time with him)! So, the cake replicates one of his favorite toys... his Monster Truck ramp. The cake itself is a yellow butter cake with cookies and cream filling and yummy chocolate frosting. The biggest compliment I got on the cake is when several of the party goers tried to drive the trucks on the cake!

The next cake was for a baby shower. It was a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and filling. Congrats Amy on your exciting day, and I am excited to meet Baby Boy Sisco! I was really happy with the monkey and was so excited to use such fun colors.

No comments: