Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Baby Shower Cupcakes



A good friend was putting together a double baby shower for coworkers at her school and asked me to create some cupcakes. One of the teachers is having a boy, and the other a girl so I used a variety of pastel colors. I searched through flikr and books to try and get an idea of what to put on top of the cakes. I was getting frustrated because nothing to seemed to be quite right. But... while walking through our local Ben Franklin Craft store I found these awesome Wilton chocolate molds with a baby theme. 


The cupcakes were chocolate and vanilla. I tried some new recipes from one of my favorite cupcake books "Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse". The cupcakes had a really traditional flavor, and a great texture. Some cupcake recipes that I have tried turned out either way to dense or way to dry, but these were really flavorful and light. I used the house buttercream recipe from this book. It used a different method than I had used before, but it turned out well. I topped the cupcakes with either blue or pink frosting and either the chocolates or rainbow sprinkles. Hopefully, the ladies like them because I was pretty happy with how they turned out!

No comments: