Monday, June 30, 2008

Wilton Course 2 Final Project


I just finished course 2 of the Wilton Classes at our local Michaels store. Our final project used our royal icing flowers and color flow bird that we created in previous classes along with a basket weave and rope border. I was a little unsure about my flowers over the past few weeks, but I was happy with how it all came together. The cake is a cherry vanilla cake with vanilla pudding  filling. The frosting is the Wilton Class buttercream recipe, which is not my favorite. It is made with shortening to keep the bright white color, and I have trouble with it coming out very dry. I prefer the taste of buttercream made with real butter. I guess everything really is better with butter!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

The flowers look really good. I like the basket weave look, it makes for a pretty spring cake.