Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wedding cake & cupcakes



My friends Mayanne & Casey were married June 28, 2008 in beautiful Lake Tahoe, and they asked me to do cupcakes for the event. I was very excited and nervous about the task, but I am really happy with the result. The cupcake flavors were chocolate, kahlua, and white chocolate. They were filled with vanilla and chocolate pudding and frosted with vanilla and white chocolate buttercream. The top tier was white chocolate cake with chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream. The flowers on both the cupcakes and top cake were fondant daisies painted with luster dust and made to match the colors of the invitations. I found the cupcake stand at a local shop called the Candy Connection, and we added the blue ribbon to coordinate with the couple's colors. 
The reception was held at the Picchetti Winery, and was beautiful. The only cake related issues we faced were the pollen from the pine trees and the warm weather. 

No comments: