Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wilton Fondant Course



I just started a new Wilton course: Fondant and Gum Paste. I am really excited because I have experimented with fondant before, but it is always helpful to have someone show you tips and techniques. The cake itself is from my brand spankin new cookbook "CAKE LOVE". It is a grrrrreat cookbook! I chose to make the lemon cake for class. The texture came out wonderfully, which I think has to do with the combo of all purpose flour and potato starch. And... you can't go wrong with a cake that has limoncello in it! In the first class, we learned to cover a cake board and cake in fondant. We also got to play with all of the goodies that came in the course kit including flower and circle cutters, punches, and rollers. I thought the finished project looked like an easter hat, which is why I used super girly colors. Fun Fun!


No comments: