Monday, June 2, 2008

Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes

A coworker of mine turned 30, so I decided to make lemon-raspberry cupcakes for the office. I saw this recipe in bon appetit and have been waiting for an occasion to use it. I love the flavor combination of lemon and raspberries, and any recipe that I get to use my microplane is great.
This recipe involves layering a lemon batter with seedless raspberry jam.




As the cupcakes bake, the raspberry jam creates a swirl effect in the cupcake. I had some problem with the jam sinking to the bottom of the muffin cup. So, I think next time I will add more batter at the bottom of the cup before adding the jam.


The icing was made using lemon juice, lemon zest, and powdered sugar. Half of the cupcakes had this icing, and I added raspberry jam to the other half to make them pink. After they were iced, they were each topped with a fresh raspberry.



No comments: